Friday, June 17

Greek yogurt with honey was an amazing way to start off the day. We then packed our bags, piled up in a bus, and laughed to My Big Fat Greek Wedding on our way to Athens.
I just bought a French newspaper from 1953 in Athens! There was this incredible thrift store that was literally COVERED in old trinkets and items that was 4 stories high. I met the owner, a man who was around 30, and I asked him how long it took him to collect all of these items. He told me that I would not believe him. Then he asked if I would believe him if he said it took him less than three years. I said no. To my surprise, that is how long it took him. My jaw dropped to the littered wooden floor and bumped a couple of tea sets along the way. LESS THAN THREE YEARS! Here are some pictures just to give you a glimpse of how CRAZY this place was:





Things I have learned from walking the streets of Athens:
-The men who butcher pigs are pigs themselves
-I know how to tell someone off in Greek if need be. That’s all I’m saying.
-Men will make kissing noises and whistle at you. Don’t turn around or look.
-Don’t walk through a meat market if you are just in a group of girls. Especially if you are in a group of AMERICAN girls. And if you are American yourself.
-If you are in a Greek restaurant and you get the chance to dance, dance.
-Dont' make eye contact with gypsies
-Stray dogs are everywhere on the streets, especially at the acropolis (we saw a dog carrying a dead cat through the Parthenon. I wish I took a picture but I couldn't fast enough)

The Acropolis and Parthenon were AWESOME! Again, having seen pictures all my life made it all the more special seeing them in person. They're huge.




Greek yogurt with honey was an amazing way to end the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment