Sunday, June 19

Waking up was not fun. My stomach still felt bad, not queasy thank goodness, but still upset. I literally had nothing left in my stomach and I could not eat breakfast. So I drank water. We loaded up our bags and things into a bus and started the last leg of our journey to Nafplio. David bought me some Gatorade and Carolyn bought me a bag full of pita bread. I ate about a quarter-sized piece of the bread and didn’t feel well so I stopped. I drank all of the Gatorade. Thankfully I managed to fall asleep on the bus and 2 and-a-half hours later we arrived in Nafplio! It’s beautiful! It is quiet, but not as quiet as Delphi, and it’s busy but not as busy as Athens by a long shot. It is the perfect city in my perspective.



We went to dinner just down the street and then went to see Whirling Dervishes! It was in a local gym about 3 blocks from our hotel, and we were able to catch the last 20 or so minutes of the performance. It was very interesting and I cannot fathom spinning for the amount of time that they were spinning. I think I would fall over and die. But props to them for mastering that art.

(We didn't have a good view- sorry for the poor quality)

No comments:

Post a Comment